Sunday, March 8, 2015

Comfort in Discomfort

The irony. Trying to find comfort in the uncomfortable. What do I mean?

1 Corinthians 1:25 states,
"God's foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God's weakness is stronger than human strength."

Jesus Christ always chose discomfort over comfort, He went against everything the people of His time knew... all for the love and faith in God. 

Think about all of the times someone or something has rubbed up against your beliefs and your values, it does one of two things. It either forces you to stand strong for what you believe in, or it makes you question what you have believed in your entire life. Neither should scare us, neither is better or worse than the other. Both are needed in order to grow as a person. Iron sharpens iron, right? If we stand stand strong for what we believe in then we know it's part of our character and who we are, if it makes us question then we know there's an opportunity to learn something new, and nothing bad ever comes from expanding our mind to new things. 

Honestly, I prefer the latter. I love being challenged, I love feeling uncomfortable, I truly do find comfort in that. Maybe not in the actual moment I'm being questioned but upon reflection I always tend to realize something new about myself and the world around me. It has been the most difficult and uncomfortable things in life that have helped me grow the most. 

So next time someone challenges you, questions you, stand up for yourself and allow your mind to open to new possibility and ideas. Don't be close minded and don't fear discomfort. Jesus didn't, and when He did He seeked God for guidance and strength.  God never failed Him and He won't fail you if you allow Him into your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment